Monday, January 12, 2009

Another New Year

Every New Year we try and live up to the hope of the new year by making promises of things we will do this year. Well, this year I am not going to make one. If I loose some weight, fine. If I manage to keep the dust bunnies out from the corners of the rooms, fine. If I get into the kitchen more often that my husband, he will appreciate it, but not a requirement for his love. I am the sis who married a guy who trained for being a chef. Not formally in one of those big cooking schools, but in high school. The guy won alot of awards for his cooking. I love to cook for family get togethers. My sis is the one who manages to cook everyday and do it well. The kitchen is still a special place for me though. It has always brought back memories, fun times, and warm feelings even today. So, this year I will just keep on enjoying the kitchen with my husband, with my sister and with my family. That is the only promise I make this year.

No comments: